I'm Blake McKenna. I've been in Software Development for
over 25 years. I'm originally from the midwest and I'm a huge lover of nature and wildlife. Because of this...I've always wanted to live in the Pacific Northwest, and now I do...and I love it.
I enjoy wookworking, aerial photography using my drone, crypto-zoology and spending as much time as I can in nature. These are just a few of my likes and hobbies.
I am a total believer in work/life balance. I enjoy the simple things in life and try to live each day to the fullest. I like putting smiles on people's faces and believe laughter is the best medicine for the soul.
▶ .NET DEVELOPER ♦ FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology, Inc., Irvine, CA
Responsible for writing test software and implementing the software into custom test solutions for production and prototype development programs. I worked closely with the mechanical engineering group to assure compatibility between test sequences and fixture design. I also worked closely with the electrical engineering hardware design group to identify needed test cases and debug any test related issues. Played an integral part with the product software team to identify any software related issues impacting factory/lab testing. Created applications that interfaces with electronic equipment such as digital multi-meters, data acquisition switches and power supplies through using the GPIB Interface.
- Worked closely with mechanical and electrical engineering group to determine test system requirements and to develop test solutions for factory test/lab testing as well as 3 other team members
- Designed, documented and version controlled software for automation of test suites using Team Foundation Server
- Worked on multiple projects by prioritizing work
- Tracked test performance over time (yields, reducing test time, increasing efficiency)
- Performed coding using VB.Net, LINQ, ADO.Net and WinForms in Visual Studio 2012/2015, testing, debugging and optimization of factory test software
- Utilized the Agile Development Methodology
- Created reports using DevExpress
▶ .NET DEVELOPER ♦ Greenwood & Hall, Inc. (Contract), Irvine, CA
- Designed and developed new data dynamic web pages
- Interfaced with end-users and upper management developing requirement documents
▶ .NET DEVELOPER ♦ Data Ticket, Inc. (Contract), Newport Beach, CA
- Designed new web pages and windows forms
- Developed and maintained new and existing databases
▶ .NET DEVELOPER ♦ North Shore Systems, Inc., San Clemente, CA
Provided programming support to a large Loan Origination web application. I was responsible for creating and executing test plans for code releases. I also managed multiple projects while working in a team environment consisting of 4 other individuals. The tools I used were Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2010 along with MS SQL Server as our backend database. Maintained multiple versions of the application for each customer using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
- Provided direct customer interface for problem resolution
- Worked with Business Analysts in translating customer requirements
▶ .NET DEVELOPER ♦ Technisource, Inc. (Contract), Irvine, CA
I was responsible for converting desktop applications to web applications using a variety of development tools which included VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net and WebForms versions 2005 and 2008. This was a team environment where the AGILE Software Development Methodology was practiced. I took ownership of projects from start to finish. Conducted code reviews to ensure quality software before implementation.
- Provided rotational 24/7 on call support developers
- Converted desktop applications to web applications
- Mentored and assisted junior level
▶ PROGRAMMER/ANALYST ♦ SC Fuels, Inc., Orange, CA
I was responsible for all aspects and phases of systems and programming development as well as existing application maintenance using VB6, VB.Net, MS Access, WinForms and ADO.Net. Interacted and consulted with various users, managers, vendors and technicians in evaluating and determining computer needs and system requirements. Implemented and maintained applications systems for end-users. Prepared documentation of system changes and enhancements as well as operating manuals. Receive, coordinate and schedule projects and implemented plans.
- Coordinated accounting/billing systems with a newly acquired subsidiary company
- Converted VB6/MS Access applications to the .Net Platform using VB.Net and SQL Server 2005
- Utilized the AGILE Software Development Methodology for all projects
- Responded to requests and provided all technical assistance and training
- Wrote desktop applications that streamlined processes and resulted in substantial cost savings
- Developed and maintained SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedures and queries as well as Crystal Reports XI Releases 1 and 2 for the Sage MAS 200 accounting system
▶ IT CONSULTANT ♦ The Companion Group, Torrance, CA
Served on a key project pertaining to distribution systems. Developed
programs and set procedures. Gathered information and prepared forms per
Implemented updates to a Corrosion Data Management System which was developed in MS Access for an environmental services company. Made extensive modifications to existing forms and modified reports as well as fine tuned and developed SQL queries. Maintained an extensive knowledge of MS Access programming, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic 6.0 and Wind2 applications. Utilized experience and ensured accuracy and efficiency in completing each project.
- Created SQL Server Stored Procedures and tables as well as refining existing SQL scripts
- Actively involved in modifying VBA Excel to MS Access applications
- Worked on the migration of SQL Server 7 databases to SQL Server 2000
- Modified complex reports within the Wind2 financial application
- Developed a GUI with an MS Access backend to capture data from a set of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) remote site. Ensured automatic/manual control of frequency in which data was captured
▶ SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST ♦ Evangelical Christian Credit Union, Brea, CA
I provided analysis and support throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle. Developed specifications for a new system and worked with other departments in evaluating needs. Wrote requests and developed program specifications. Interacted with internal staff and outside vendors on various projects and assisted in developing/maintaining the OSI financial software package using VB, SQL, SQR, ASP and Oracle.
- Participated in peer review of production-ready design and source code
- Designed a desktop record-parsing app which saved the company an estimated $80,000 to $100,000 per year
Tools and Technology Experience
- CSS | CSS3
- HTML | HTML5
- VB.Net | ASP.Net | ADO.Net
- SQL Server | Oracle | MySQL | Access
- Windows | Web | Database Applications
- Agile | Waterfall Methodologies
- Crystal Reports | DevExpress
- WinForms | WebForms